Got this idea from conversation in another forum, especially this post regarding a study where a much higher dose made a substantial difference in outcome.
As ChrisSabin has pointed out, we have here a significant concentration of MMNers, and we might be able to leverage that to our collective benefit. Sheesh, what a labored way of saying, Let's compare notes! Most MMN studies have only 5-20 participants; currently the MMN Forum has 42* registered members. I'm leaving in a week for my next Mayo visit and it might be interesting to show the results to my doc.
Please answer the following questions (and I'm open to suggestion for more). If you copy and paste the list, then edit it, it will make the data comparison easier. We're doing serious research here :)
1. Do you have a demonstrable conduction block? Yes, No, Maybe, Don't Know
2. Do you have elevated IgM antibodies? Yes, No, Maybe, Don't Know, Huh?
3. How long have you been on IVIg?
4. What is your dose in g/kg?
5. Brand of immunoglobulin?
6. What is your current frequency? Every X Weeks
7. Rate, on a scale, your response to IVIg. No Noticeable Benefit, Slight, Noticeable, Substantial, Like New
8. Essay, optional. Elaborate on any or all of the above, including how long it takes you to notice improvement.
If anyone prefers to remain anonymous, just email me your reply and I will post it as Anon. Send to twitchyfirefly at mmnforum dot com. (It's wise to avoid typing actual emails to prevent being bot-harvested.)
* A number of supreme significance to Douglas Adams fans.